When you check for updates on Windows Update or on Automatic Updates, Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is not offered for download.
This problem can occur for many different reasons. However, the following reasons are the most common:
- You already have Windows Vista SP1 installed and do not realize it.
- You must install another update before you can install Windows Vista SP1.
- System components that are required to install Windows Vista SP1 are not present on your computer.
- You installed a prerelease version of Windows Vista SP1, and it was not properly uninstalled before you tried to install the final release of the service pack.
- You use a certain version of the following software or hardware:
- Symantec software driver for Symantec Endpoint Protection and for Symantec Network Access Control clients
- Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo LA Notebook
- Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) Store Operations or Headquarters
The MOST common problem is the sound card driver from realtek
update that driver and see if you can get the SP1 from windows update
Link towards the latest REALTEK AUDIO DRIVER
Read more info about this here:
TRY TO RESOLVE THE ISSUES BEFORE TRYING TO INSTALL THE SERVICE PACK FROM THE BELOW LINKS>
You can also find the SP1 standalone full installer for 5 languages here
or for all languages here: