Blog Support Downloads (coming soon)  
Search ComputerBoom!

Monday, April 20, 2009

HOWTO: Connect a Tubo-X Plaisio, UPS 1000-SD with Upsilon 2000 on Windows Vista

 

I recently bought this UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply) to protect my main workstation from power outages. However the way to set this up was not very apparent. I wanted to connect the USB cable so that when the power fails, the computer would shut itself off…

First of all when I pluged in the USB port, Vista (this was the same in XP too) auto detected a

Human Interface Device (HID) device, which was strange, since this is usually for MICE AND KEYBOARDS. So originally I thought there was some mistake in the drivers.. but this was NOT the case.. after googling a bit I found out that all UPS devices (usb) are detected as HID devices!

image

I then installed the software but it kept saying that the UPS was not detected. The final solution was simple.. but i stumbled upon it later. I had to select MEGA USB from the drop down selection as seen in the following screenshot:

 

UPS

Thats it, comments are welcome:

4 comments:

  1. Continue this blog please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. File den mporeis na fantasteis poses ores espasa to kefali mou kai pali lusi den vrika...mexri pou epesa edo pano telios tuxaia.Na sai kala pragmatika m eftiakses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. solved my issues instantly, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi

    I have a UPS which looks exactly like Turbo-X version except it is silver and doesn't say Turbo-X but I cant get software to work. I have a copy of UPSilon which says its communicating with the UPS but it doesn't display and stats. Maybe I have round version or something? Can someone point me to working version of the software? Please help...

    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete