Blog Support Downloads (coming soon)  
Search ComputerBoom!

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Solved: Only device font are available in word and publisher office!!!

 

Question:

I have Windows XP and just installed Windows 2003 Office Suite; when I try
to change font in any app - Word or Publisher or Excel, it lists only Device
Font in three sizes. But when I go to control panel -> appearance and
themes -> fonts, I see a long list. how can I attach these to Word ++
Thanks

 

Answer :

You need to install a printer driver other than a Generic/Text only printer
driver and make it default, or if you already have another one make sure another one is default by right clicking on its icon in control panel/ printers and select it to be the default.  Note you do not need a physical printer attached in order to install
a printer driver. However if you will be printing the documents on a
specific printer, install a driver for it so the document layout and such
will look the same when you do print it.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you very much! Worked like a charm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This answer still works today. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had added a Zebra label printer, and it seriously screwed me up (only fonts available were the device fonts). I just changed my default back to the other printer, and it fixed it! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete